The Garvin Group’s highly experienced and industry-certified technicians can professionally clean your upholstered furniture. We can also clean furniture labeled “dry clean only.”
Upholstery cleaning can be challenging; therefore, we follow stringent cleaning procedures to ensure your furniture is thoroughly and safely cleaned.
Our Furniture Cleaning Procedures
- Inspect furniture and qualify with the client the “clean ability” of the upholstery. Prior care and the age of the fabric can affect the results.
- Test the upholstery for fiber content, dye bleeding and migration.
- Prepare and protect the surrounding area with a drop cloth and move surrounding furniture.
- Pre-vacuum to remove the dry soil.
- Hand shampoo using a brush to agitate a concentrated solution into the upholstery. Soils are suspended away from the fabric during this process.
- Extract all soils loosened during the hand shampooing process, using a specialized hand tool designed to minimize problems associated with over wetting the upholstery. Grooming may be needed on fibers that stiffen and show hand tool patterns after cleaning.
- Post cleaning inspection with client to discuss results.
- Protect the upholstery using Scotchgard from future stains and spills. Deodorizers can also be added for an additional charge to help eliminate odors.
- Quickly dry the upholstery. Many cleaning problems, such as bleeding, shrinkage, and browning are related to slow drying.
- Restore order to the area where we performed our services.